Monday, April 4, 2011

School Day in the Life of a 2nd Grader


I took these photos of Josiah a few months ago, highlighting a bit of our after school routine during the week.  This year his homework is pretty easy so he tends to whip right through it, but I managed to get a few shots of home practicing his writing and comprehension. 

I loved getting the chance to play with some of the goodies I ordered a while back.  Finally!  Love getting the chance to create, even if it's just here and there.

For my base I used Pink Paislee's Dream Big patterned paper from their 365 Degree collection, and some patterned paper from their Old School Petite Pad.  I also used some of their Glitter Sticker Elements from the same line for part of my title and the green star at the bottom left corner.


I grabbed lots of stuff from my stash this weekend too, from some Making Memories value packs that I bought last holiday season.  All older stuff but still great!  I used some Making Memories Alphabet Rub Ons as well as their Mini Alpha Brown School House stickers too.  And the Jenni Bowlin Mini Chalkboard alphas...this is actually the first JB product I've used and I love it!  I'll definitely be getting some more. : )


I also used some Just Chillin' layered chipboard stickers from the Making Memories stash.  Loved how they went just right with what I had going on...


At the top I added a little stitching and added a little banner using the Pink Paislee papers.  It's been a while since I've used a sewing machine so I have to thank my mom for giving me a little refresher on it. 
Thanks mom. : )


At at the bottom I sewed a twill strip that I found in my stash.  It was from a school themed kit from a few years ago but I can't seem to remember which manufacturer it was.  I layered some of the Pink Paislee papers on top of that and added a bit of handwritten info.  I just recently started writing my journaling and it's so much easier!  I love getting the chance to document these memories of Josiah at this stage.  He is so smart and I love how his personality has really blossomed over this last year.  Fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment