Saturday, January 31, 2009

2009 Eugene Marathon | 5K Race

Just wanted to post a quick update to my original Eugene Marathon post. After thinking about it this week I have decided to register for the 5k Race that happens on Saturday, May 2nd. I am so excited! And nervous. And I have a feeling I'll probably get my butt kicked by all of the seasoned runners, but I don't care! It's really a small start...but it's a start. Hopefully next year I will at least be doing the half-marathon. It's going to be awesome!

This year Eugene Marathon is partnering with the University of Oregon's Warsaw Sports Marketing Center to continue the cause of their "Jog for Jim 5K" - Outpacing Parkinson's, so a portion of my entry fee goes directly to this organization. One more great reason to get involved! The "Jog for Jim 5K" is a separate race happening on May 17th of which all the proceeds are donated to the Michael J Fox Foundation to help find a cure for Parkinson's Disease.


For more information about these events check out these websites:
The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research http://www.michaeljfox.org/

1 comment: