Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Expecting Baby



Over the past few days I've been doing little things here and there to get ready for the arrival of the new baby girl. 
Picking up things here and there, writing thank you notes for gifts, organizing tiny clothes and diapers.  Also, thinking about how I want to document all of those first moments.  Along with a traditional baby book (found a cute Carter's one with a bunny theme-adorable) I'm putting some things together to do a scrapbook of sorts of her first year.  A place where I can journal about the moments I'll want to remember, and include special photos, and other things of hers I will want to remember too.  Set aside some supplies I already had on hand plus a few new things...I love the combinations of pinks/browns/tealy blue/oranges here.  If baby girl had a nursery I would totally do the room in these colors!  Instead she will be sharing a space with us, with something special for her bedding made by her grandmother, to match our bedding.  Can't wait to share pictures of that, I'm sure it will be lovely.

........................................................................................................

On another note it seems like all the holidays/celebrations are meshing together around here, or the prep I should say.  While I've been getting things ready for baby, I've been thinking about the upcoming fall holidays too, mainly Halloween and Christmas.  Worked on some treats for the kids' teachers for October, and put together the base for a Halloween minibook.  I may/may not do a lot of scrapbook pages this fall, depending on how much time I have after baby gets here, but I like the idea of having something ready to just add photos and journaling.

One thing I will make time for is December Daily.  This is something I first saw done by Ali Edwards, and has become a favorite way for many to document the holiday season in their own way.  I can't wait to try it this year and see how it goes.  You can read more about the project and her ideas on it at her blog here. I think that is something I will try to put together in November when I have time, so that when December comes I can just add the photos/journaling as they happen...sounds simple enough but we'll see how it goes. : )




No comments:

Post a Comment