Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Baby Love and Thank You Cards

Thought I'd share this pic of the centerpiece from this past weekends baby shower. Too cute! Those ladies totally blessed me...a nice way to celebrate baby girls upcoming arrival! 


I'd thought about ordering some thank you cards, maybe something personalized from Shutterfly, but decided against it after looking at the price...more than I wanted to spend and not personal enough; and since the packaged thank you cards I saw in town just weren't gonna cut it, I decided to make them myself.

I was doing this on a budget, so I decided to use supplies I already had on hand, and came up with a design I could put together without using adhesive (clever and thrifty).  After a little brainstorming and sketching a few different ideas I came up with this:


Then I gathered some tools and supplies and did a little prepping.  Once I decided on the design it was much easier to have everything prepped and ready to put together.  The tools I ended up using included my 12" and my mini Cutterpede trimmers, a medium size Fiskars corner lever punch, a McGill 1/8" hole punch, and the eyelet setting tools from my good ole' Making Memories tool kit (still use it--still love it).


After creating and printing some title blocks on my computer, cutting my cardstock and patterned paper to size, and rounding some edges with my corner lever assembly was pretty quick.  I simply centered the patterned paper on top of the cardstock, and the title block on top of that.  Then I punched some holes and used some Making Memories eyelets from yesteryear to hold it all together.  Great use of supplies on hand!  Those babies were collecting dust and I didn't have to use up adhesive. ; )  After that I used various ribbons and fibers I had on hand to add some bows.  I also inked the edges of my title block with my Tim Holtz distressing inks, because I'm kind of addicted to them and if I can find a way to use them I will! 

Here's a few shots of the finished product.  I like how not all of the cards are exactly the same, thanks to the variety of girly patterned paper, various colors and textures of  ribbons and fibers, and different colored eyelets I ended up using. 



A nice, personal way to say thank you for the gifts baby and I received.   

Supplies: Die Cuts With a View Premium WhiteCore cardstock; Chatterbox Scrapbook Walls 'Nook' collection patterned paper; Chatterbox Scrapbook Walls embellishment fibers; Making Memories assorted ribbons; Making Memories 1/8" eyelets; Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Tattered Rose 

No comments:

Post a Comment