Friday, January 21, 2011

Chocolate Oatmeal No Bake Cookies


I made these cookies yesterday evening for dessert.  Initially I'd planned to make sugar cookies, but found myself out of eggs and in a pinch, so these came to mind.  This recipe is kind of nostalgic for me.  I can remember my mom making these growing up, and making them with my sisters as a teenager, and now I'm making them for my kids and they just love them.  So I thought I'd share the recipe with you. : )





INGREDIENTS
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
1 stick butter
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla
3 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
1/2 cup peanut butter

DIRECTIONS
Combine sugar, cocoa, butter and milk in a saucepan.  On medium heat bring to a boil for one full minute.

Remove from heat.  Stir in peanut butter (optional), vanilla and oatmeal.
I didn't want any trouble mixing, so I turned off my heat and kept my pan on the burner while I mixed in the peanut butter.  Once that was all melted and mixed in I added the vanilla and oats. 

Drop by spoonful onto wax paper.  Let cool for at least 30 minutes.
If you can wait that long before trying one!  We couldn't. : )

Feel free to rate this recipe/share variations of it in the comments!  We love it and hope you enjoy it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment