Monday, January 3, 2011

One Little Word 2011


It's hard to believe it, but 2010 is behind us and we are already stepping into a new year.  Where did that last year go??  So much happened in my life, and yet the year seemed to just slip by.  It really reminds me to make the most of each day, because they are gone so quickly.  Definitely some motivating thoughts I need to keep in mind!


One of the things I like to do each year is participate in the One Little Word project.  The idea behind the one little word concept is to give yourself something to focus on throughout the year. 


My word for 2011 is PROGRESS.  Here's a look at what it means:

Progress  Develop in a positive way;  gradual improvement or growth or development. Advance.  Move forward.  Build up.

Over the past several weeks (and months actually) I have been thinking about my word for 2011, and the direction I want my life to take in this next year. I've also been reflecting on the words I've chosen the past several years, and the impact they've had on my life. Here's a look at my previous words:

2010: Prosper To thrive; to become strong and flourishing; be fortunate; succeed. Advance. Multiply. Progress. Move forward.

2009: Shine To give or cause to give light; to be eminent, conspicuous, or distinguished. radiate. luminesce. glow

This year I very much have the desire to move in the same direction as I was last year, but also felt I needed to choose a new word for the new year.  So this year progress is the word for me.  For me, the new year is not so much about the time to make resolutions, but more like evaluations.  Looking at my short and long term goals, seeing how far I've come, and evaluating what changes I need to make to make progress in reaching those goals.  A few personal areas I'm hoping to make progress in this next year:  finances, health, and relationships. 

So how about you?  How about this next year?  What's your one little word?

No comments:

Post a Comment