Thursday, November 25, 2010

Halloween Minibook | Part 2


One of the things I'm loving most about this time of year is the chance to quiet down and just stay in, and with school conferences and the Thanksgiving holiday break from school, this week I am getting to do just that.   Having a bit more time and a few evenings free has giving me the chance to finally finish up the Halloween minibook I started earlier in October.  The foundation was already laid out (you can view that earlier post here), the photos I ordered finally arrived, and I was finally able to put the finishing touches on this project. 
Here's another photo of the cover of my album:


Cover: Dream Street Papers Square Chipboard, Bazzill Basics cardstock, Making Memories Jigsaw Glitter Alpha Black, GCD Studios #149 Black Widows - Spooked Collection.

The black pumpkins are actually these really neat Vinyl Tape Strips as part of the Making Memories Spook Alley collection.  Found these at Fred Meyers and thought they were very cool.
I ended up ordering my photos from Kodak Gallery, and was fairly pleased with the service.  I'd previously uploaded them to Picnik and edited them so that they were mostly 4x4 to fit the format for this album size.  Kodak was the only website I found that would allow me to have a custom photo size such as this.  (The other websites would automatically format my edited photos back to a 4x6 size, which was not what I wanted for my photos.)  They arrived printed on 4x6 photo paper, but since my images were actually only 4x4 it saved me from having to crop or measure/cut.  I simply trimmed off the excess white paper at the edge of the photo.  This is what I ended up with:


For most of the album I used Making Memories Spook Alley Bat Newsprint patterned cardstock, and a few different shades of Bazzill Basics cardstock as well.  The white is Bazzill Basics French Vanilla.  I also used Ali Edwards' Fall and Halloween Handrawn Brushes, available at Designer Digitals.




Found this really pretty Teresa Collins Mr. and Mrs. Scrolls Paper.  It's actually wedding themed paper, but goes perfectly with the color scheme and feel of this album. 





For this skull and crossbones accent I used Cricut's Pumpkin Carving Fall Cartridge and some great glittered cardstock from Die Cuts With a View's Bon Voyage Travel cardstock stack.  Here's a closer peek:














Love these photos of my kids.  They were all so serious about getting into character:








One last look at the completed pages:


One of the things I loved about putting this minibook together was the way it evolved, and came together in the process.  After I started putting in my photos I didn't necessarily have a set idea in mind for journaling/embellishments, but just ended up kind of going with the flow.  I like how it turned out.  And I like the idea that my kiddos can pick it up and flip through it and remember this season without having to pull out a larger scrapbook.  Definitely like having the memories at hand right now. 






No comments:

Post a Comment