|Josiah Benjamin, Christmas 2008|
It's the day after Thanksgiving today, and a huge pastime for a lot of people today will be, of course, shopping. Also popular: creating a meal with Thanksgiving day leftovers, watching football, and decorating. While I typically don't brave the crowds on Black Friday, I do enjoy the rest of this list, and hope to do a little of each today. While checking out what's up online I happened upon this great giveaway by Today's Mama and GameStop. They're giving away some great prizes bundles, and a grand prize: a $1,000 GameStop gift card. All you have to do is participate in Mama's Holiday Wishlist Meme. So here's my take:
Mama’s Holiday Wish List Meme
TodaysMama (link to: http://bit.ly/tmwishlist) and GameStop (link to: http://bit.ly/gamestop10) are giving away a sleighful of gifts this holiday season and to enter I’m sharing this meme with you.
1. What is your holiday wish for your family? My holiday wish for my family is that we are able to spend the holidays together, and that we are able to find joy and thankfulness in the things that are truly important. I also want us to have fun, and enjoy all the magic of Christmas without the stress!
2. What is your Christmas morning tradition? Traditionally on Christmas morning we wake up and open Christmas Gifts here at home, then we head over to Grandpa Tim and Grandma Shirley's house to open gifts and spend time with family there. It's usually a time we get to see certain family that we only see during the holidays, too.
3. If you could ask Santa for one, completely decadent wish for yourself, what would it be? Oh this one is easy! Santa, are you listening? A brand new 2011 Honda Odyssey please!
4. How do you make the holidays special without spending any money? I try to make the holidays special by making sure to spend quality time with my kiddos doing things that are fun for them to do, like watching a movie or playing a game. They also really enjoy playing in the snow, so we try to do that too.
5. What games did you play with your family growing up? Growing up we played a lot of Monopoly, and when I was younger we loved games like Clue, and the original Nintendo, too.
6. What holiday tradition have you carried on from your own childhood? When I was very younger we would get new pajamas and get to open one gift on Christmas Eve. I've tried to keep that going with my kiddos too.
7. Where would you go for a Christmas-away-from-home trip? Maybe up to Portland to take part in the festivities up there, see Santa at Washington Square, and do some holiday shopping. A ski trip to Willamette Pass might be nice too!
8. Check out GameStop (link to: http://bit.ly/gamestop10) and tell us, what are the three top items on your GameStop Wish List this year? On my kiddos wish lists this year: The Nitendo DSi XL, Mario & Sonic at the Olymic Winter Games for Wii, and a PSP. Can you tell they all love video games?
So there it is, my Holiday Wishlist Meme. Happy Thanksgiving everyone, hoping all of your holiday wishes come true! : )
meme (miːm) — noun ~ an idea or element of social behaviour passed on through generations in a culture, esp by imitation [C20: possibly from mimic , on the model of gene ].