Saturday, May 7, 2011

Project Life | Week Two


Project Life Week Two...this week was actually a bit of a challenge to decide what I wanted to include in this album.  There were several historic current events I wanted to capture, as well as just moments around the house.  Here's a look at the left side:

 

Last Monday I interviewed with a local family practice here in town, and later that afternoon was offered  the position.  This was really big news for me, since I haven't worked regularly outside the house since last spring.  I was definitely excited, yet at the same time had cold feet.  I took a screen shot of my facebook update to include as a way to remember how I felt.  I also included a writing sample that came home in Josiah's backpack.


I wasn't really loving the whole PL kit available from Becky Higgins, so I've been making my journaling cards and title spots as I go.  I love that it's custom to exactly how I want it to look.  The patterned paper is from the 8x8 Making Memories Flea Market specialty paper pack.  It's bright and fun...very cool.  I added a little stitching to the journaling card, and am using various digital elements including Ali Edwards' word art found at Designer Digitals.  The 'daily' is from her Holiday Word Art Vol. 2.   The other journaling spot to the right of that uses her Vintage ABC + 123 Brushes and Stamps.    Love that I can change the color and just make them what I want them to be for this project.


I also included the transcript to President Obama's speech announcing the death of Osama Bin Laden.  That was definitely historical and I knew immediately I'd need to include that.  I thought about including some of the current events photos about this event, but haven't yet.  I may print them out and just add them later.  Here's a look at the right side:


A few shots from our visit to the park, and just spending time together at home.  I love so much how Katie and Josiah are so sweet with Maggie.  I took a shot of her scooting around on her blanket.  Her recent thing is sticking her tongue out.  So cute and so her.  I had fun adding a few things to my photos in Photoshop before printing.  The one at the top is using The Story Word Art + Hand Drawn Brushes, and the bolder phrase and arrow on Maggie's photo uses the This One Brushes and Stamps.  Super cool.

I also included this photo I got from a screen shot I took while looking at the British Monarchy's photostream on Flickr:


I decided to add a bit of journaling onto a tag and just adhere that to the photo:


Here's a few before/after shots of the tag.  I used some of Tim Holtz Adirondack Alcohol Inks and one of the Ranger Mini Misters.



Here's a look at both pages:

And one more:

Loving this project so far.  I think I will defintiely enjoy looking back on these albums later on with the kids. : ) Sheri

No comments:

Post a Comment