Friday, December 3, 2010

December Daily 2010 | Day Two


 Let me just start by saying I love my Christmas tree. : )  Each year it's a little different, a little better.  I really love the older ornaments passed down from my mom, and the handmade ornaments that Katie and Josiah have made.  I also try to pick up a few ornaments that catch my eye each year to add to my collection of, and Day Two's layout features some of those.  It also tells the story of our tree this year.


To make this page I used a series of 2 x 2 prints.  To do this I created different thumbnail print sheets using photo editing software I downloaded called Photoscape, which allows you to fix and enhance photos, and offers tons of great features.  Then I cut them out and matted them onto my foundation cardstock, that fantastic glazed Bazzill.  I designed my title in Word using the Backladder ITC and CK Chemistry fonts, printed it onto French Vanilla Bazzill cardstock, and then matted it onto this flocked cardstock from the Anna Griffin Calisto Christmas collection.  Here's a close up so you can see the flocking:


On the back side of the page I included the journaling for my story, typed in Word with the Arabic Typesetting font.  After I printed it I matted it onto the Music Note Brown patterned cardstock from the Making Memories Noel collection, and added some trim and paper poinsettias from that collection as well.  I really do love the entire collection and am thinking of doing a very clean album with it for next years December Daily.  But let's not get ahead of ourselves. : )


JOURNALING: One of my favorite parts of the holiday season, of course, is the Christmas tree. I call this year’s tree my blessing tree. I wasn’t quite sure if I wanted to go artificial or a real this year, so we went looking just to see what was out there. We found our tree at Home Depot. While we originally went in to just look, once we walked by and saw the price it was a done deal! They were having a sale, and this particular tree was all sold out, with the floor model being the last one. Because it was the display model however, not only was it hugely discounted but also perfectly put together, pre-lit and everything! All we had to do was move it into our house and plug it in! I absolutely love this tree…it’s very natural looking and the perfect size for our smaller space.

Here's a closer shot of the poinsettia flower and trim:


You can see the foundation pages for Day Two here.  And that is the story of our tree.  I just love having the tree up and decorated, it completely sets the tone for the holidays in my home.



3 comments:

  1. Beautiful page! I love your grid of pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the ornament grid. Might borrow that idea for one of my pages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of the pictures of your ornaments. Wonderful page!

    ReplyDelete