Wednesday, December 22, 2010

December Daily 2010 | Day Eighteen


Hard to believe that Christmas is almost here and December is almost over!  It's been a very busy last week, but thankfully I've managed to find a little time to try and do some catch up on this project.  My album has grown and I am loving it!  I love that I've captured so many memories about this past month that I think otherwise I just wouldn't remember if I hadn't.


DAY EIGHTEEN (pictured above)

For Day Eighteen I included one of our holiday cards that we sent out this year, along with the family photo we sent out with it.  I added one of Ali Edwards' holiday sentiments from her Holiday Word Art after editing it a bit to make it work for what I had in mind for our greeting.  Well actually Matt did it!  He's really getting a handle on using Photoshop and having fun with it. : )


Here's a close up of the family photo:


Day Eighteen is somewhat of a two page spread.  Here's a picture of the front of page two.  I shared a little bit about Katie sharing her song this year.  I love these photos that I got of the kids standing by our Christmas tree.


To the photo of Josiah I added a title using the Remember Word Art.  I am just getting started with digital scrapbooking and have really enjoyed it.  I purchased a few of Ali Edwards digital products to use with this album and so far have loved the results.  I also added some holiday felt stickers by Little Yellow Bicycle as well. 

I also added text to the photo of Katie in Photoshop.  The font is CK Chemistry.  Here's a close up of the photo:


JOURNALING:  This was the year that you found your voice.  It started with you practicing for the upcoming performance that the GeNext kids were doing during one of the Sunday services, and once you got over your stage fright you discovered you really enjoyed the spotlight!  It is such a joy to watch you proudly sing from your little heart with your sweet voice.  We recorded the performance on video this year.  The smile on your face is so sweet, it's a mixture of shyness and excitement to be sharing your voice with so many people.  I absolutely love to listen to you sing, my sweet Katie.

On the back I included a few photos I took of the kids after church the other Sunday.  I added a sentiment using AE Hand Drawn Holiday Brushes and Stamps, and added some of Making Memories felt and paper poinsettias from their Noel collection.  I also inked the edges of my journaling using Colorbox's Classic Pigment Cat's Eyes in some holiday colors I picked up from Michael's.


JOURNALING:  One of the things I love is watching the bond that you share with one another grow stronger each year. I hope that as you grow older you will remain as close if not closer than you are right now. You both bring such joy to my life!











No comments:

Post a Comment