Friday, December 10, 2010

December Daily 2010 | Day Nine


Today I finshed up one of the pocket pages in my foundation that I was planning on using for Day Nine.  I used one of those Hambly Overlays that I'd heard about and attached it with some tiny brads from a Making Memories Scrapbook Basics Holiday Pack.  I will have to order some more of those overlays to use later because they are really great quality.  Glad for the recommendation on those!   Inside I put a few papers that have come home with the kids from school.  Right now it's very much a school homework dinner routine with little time left over during the weekday, so it'll be nice to have some full days to spend time together and just play.


For the back of Day Nine I used a photo I'd taken later in the afternoon of my daughter Maggie during nap time.  I added a sentiment from Ali's Hand Drawn Holiday Brushes and Stamps to the bottom before printing out at home.


Then I matted it onto the French Vanilla Bazzill Cardstock and inked the edges with my Tim Holtz Distress Ink pad in Tattered Rose.  Below that I wrote about my Wednesday for this week and matted that onto the same paper I used on the border of the page.  The green base for this page is from a package of the Anna Griffin Calisto Christmas flocked cardstock. The floral paper is this awesome glittered paper from Making Memories Chelsea's Place collection and coordinates with the striped paper and tag from the pocket page on the front of Day Nine.  I also added a border trim from the Making Memories Noel collection.  Here's a photo of the back:


And here's a close up of the patterned floral paper.  So pretty and textured, I love it:


JOURNALING:  One of the things I love about Wednesday is that it’s usually the quietest day of the week for me.  The kids are at school during the day, and then in the evening everyone usually heads to church while Maggie and I stay home.  I think once she’s older and can play a little (meaning she can play in the nursery and I can actually be in the service!) I will go ahead and go with them.  Right now it’s nice though to be able to have those quiet evening at home with her.  This photo I just adore.  During her late afternoon nap I laid her down for a moment on her tummy so I could get this cute picture of her all curled up with her tush in the air…I love how babies just know to snuggle up like this.  My little Maggie, I am so smitten with you!

I just love capturing little moments like these with Maggie, and Katie and Josiah too.  I know next year when we pull this album out for the holidays I'll be marveling at how much they've all grown and changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment